Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce
The Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce is the voice of the Lanesboro area business community, advocating for business growth and development, promoting our community and encouraging civic vitality.
The purpose of Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce is to serve as a catalyst for economic vitality by providing advocacy, information and services to its Members and to promote City of Lanesboro & Area as a desirable place to visit, work and live.
Mission / Vision
- To advance the civic, commercial, industrial, agricultural, cultural, environmental, and recreational interests of the City of Lanesboro and its residents;
- To ensure cooperation among Lanesboro area businesses and community organizations;
- To work to retain, expand, and develop beneficial Lanesboro area businesses;
- Business Driven: The Chamber has businesses as its members and will be driven by their needs and interests.
- Excellence: The Chamber is committed to excellence and will seek to reflect that in all we do. We want all associated with our organization to be proud of the work that we do.
- Fiscally Responsible: The Chamber will manage its funds in a responsible manner to ensure that it has the resources to accomplish its mission and to undertake new projects as the opportunities arise.
- Leadership: The Chamber will build on its history by continuing to be an organization that provides leadership to our community in addressing both the challenges we face and the opportunities we have.
The Chamber is a 143 member-based organization which is open to individual supporting members, non-profit members and businesses through an annual dues investment. The Chamber strengthens the community by identifying needs and opportunities.
Through committees of volunteers from membership, the Chamber implements and achieves its goals. The Chamber oversees the Lanesboro Visitor Center and employs two part-time staff and one Director. A 9-member volunteer Board of Directors governs the Chamber and works to improve the community and the area's business climate.
LACC Committees, called internally "Talent Teams" are Standing Committees as defined in bylaws (Art. VIII, B.) and are defined annually.
Executive Committee handles the overall administration, structure, staffing, and documentation (e.g. constitution, mission) that guides the organization. Executive Committee can make emergency decisions and to take care of issues that arise between board meetings. The executive committee is composed of the elected officers.
Finance Committee oversees the treasury of the organization, as well as its financial instruments, budgets, controls and reports. It is chaired by the elected treasurer. It submits a proposed annual budget for board approval, and may undertake fund raising projects.
Membership Committee targets audiences for membership, successfully enrolling new members while retaining current members. It regularly reviews the organization’s membership strategies and coordinates the tangible and intangible benefits that members receive by joining and supporting the organization.
Marketing Committee handles communications to the targeted audiences of the organization: (1) members, (2) prospects, (3) allied organizations, (4) government, and (5) general public. Responsible for annual marketing plan, reviewing and updating publications and acquiring meaningful articles for the newsletter, maintains magazines and other communication tools that reach members and prospects.
Community Committee initiates ways to be a Fun City and Good Neighbor. Networking and Socializing, Volunteer Recognition, Beautification. Implements programs to recognize members who contribute beyond the usual efforts.
WHo's WHO (2020)
LACC BOARD OF DIRECTORS
OFFICERS (» email Executive Team)
- Hal Cropp (2022) - President
- Alison Leathers (2021) - VP, Marketing Team Lead
- Laryssa Hanson (2020) - Treasurer, Finance Team Lead
- Matt Schultz (2022) - Secretary
- Joe Goetzke (2022)
- Therese Graner (2020), Membership Team Lead
- Louanne Hamann (2021)
- Don Lukkason (2022)
- Kara Maloney (2021) - Treasurer In Training, Community Team Lead